Friday 9 October 2009

Development for the homepage



After making the top of the page of the tv channel website perfect, I started working on the bottom. I found adverts to place there and created the bottom bar with the words "Channel 27 on Sky and Virgin Media, channel 198 on Freeview."
Within a day of editing what I had created previously and a lot of referring to my research, I decided that the website should be square so it would fit any shape computer monitor/screen. I made it square and fitted all of the pictures and ideas in the space so everything fitted perfectly like a jigsaw puzzle; meaning there was no black white spaces. Moreover when referring back to my research, I found that most of the websites where aligned to the middle of the screen. I did this by selecting the option at the bottom which says 'align page centre.'
When I had sorted out the issue of sizing and placing, I found that the navigation bar did not look professional enough to be for a real tv channel website. I played around with techniques and effects and still could not find what looked could improve it. I then went into Fireworks and created a rectangle; filling it in with an emarald setting which I modified from a custom Fireworks preset. I put a rectangle in each end of the navigation bar to neat it up.
When I first began to put my idea together using the pictures I made; posted in the next post, I came up with this. This homepage design in this stage is very weak but the ideas are beginning to shape.
For the navigation bar, I have inputted two extra rows; one below and one above. In Fireworks, I then drew a thick black line which is long enough to fit into the navigation bar. I inserted it into Dreamweaver and placed it into the top row and copied and pasted it into the bottom row. When all the images were in, I resized the rows so it looked like the black lines were the outline of the navigation bar; increasing professionality.

1 comment:

  1. I am impressed buy your website Dawn but you must go into far more detail about your research and explain how you have made the choices you have.

    ReplyDelete